MFA 2011 Interdisciplinary Art: Film/Video, Critical Theory Goddard College
Written/Visual Thesis: Knotting Nature: Desire, Narrative, and Art in Empty Environments
2009-10 Integrated Electronic Arts (iEAR) Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
BA 2004 Studio Art and Art History Reed College
Areas of Specialization: Video (Production and History), Installation, Post-structural, Psychoanalytic, and Feminist Theory, Ecological Art/Philosophy.
Iyengar Yoga Instructor Intro II Certification 2006-Present various locations
2013-Present Director, Iyengar Yoga Center of Vermont, Burlington, VT
· public classes for multi-level students
· therapeutic classes for physical injuries, chronic physical and mental illness, and recovery from trauma and addiction
2012 Program Director, Individualized Masters of Arts Graduate Program, Burlington College, VT
· curriculum and program development
· advising for interdisciplinary graduate students
· hiring of faculty and advisors
2011-Present Adjunct Faculty, Degree Project Instructor, Burlington College, VT
· courses taught: Experimental Film (Production/History), Video Art (Production/History), Feminist Film (Theory), Ways of Seeing (Aesthetics)
· DP (Thesis) instructor: students focusing on experimental film, installation, video art, film theory
2011-Present Adjunct Faculty, Saint Michael’s College, Colchester VT
· courses taught: Looking At Art (Art History and Visual Culture), Drawing, Installation
2006-Present Certified Iyengar Yoga Instructor, various locations
2010-11 Teaching Assistant, Goddard College, Plainfield, VT
· Audio/Vision, graduate seminar in audio-visual art of the 20th and 21st centuries, with sound artist and faculty advisor Andrea Parkins
· Considered Space for two semesters with Andrea Parkins, a peer-engaged forum for critiquing work
2010 Instructor, New Women of Vermont, Winooski, VT
· organized, developed, and taught original curriculum for ten week video production course with women refugees living in Vermont
· edited women’s work into final film, New Voices
· organized and publicized public screening of New Voices at Community College of Vermont, Winooski, in collaboration with Vermont Refugee Resettlement Program, and Mira Niagolova, independent filmmaker
· collaborated with local organizations for support
2004 Artist’s Assistant, James Harrison, Portland, OR
· fabricated large-scale sculptures and installations
2004 Event Manager, Portland Center for Performing Arts, PNCA Time-Based Arts Festival, Portland, OR
2003-04 Coordinator, Reed Arts Week, Portland, OR
· led a team of 6 in all aspects of organizing and executing a large-scale weeklong multimedia arts festival bringing over 50 local, national and international artists
2003 Docent and Youth Educator, Cooley Gallery, Portland, OR
2002-04 Studio Assistant, Reed College Photo and Digital Media Lab
2012 Finalist, Creative Capital Arts Writers Grant
2012 Full Residency Fellowship, Vermont Studio Center
2004 Reed College Presidential Endowment Grant
2003 Initiative Grant in Undergraduate Research, Reed College
2003 Kaspar T. Locher Creative Scholarship
2013 Feminist Video Shorts, Burlington City Arts, curated by Stella Mars
2012 Misbookings on the Line of Flight, Deleuze, Guattari and the Arts Conference, King’s University College, Ontario. Multi-media presentation with Megan Flocken.
2012 My Human Being, Julian Scott Gallery, Dibden Center for the Arts, Johnson State College, VT. Solo exhibition and visiting artist residency with collaboration from JSC students.
2011 Knotting Nature: Desire, Narrative and Art in Empty Environments, Goddard College, VT. Multi-media presentation of graduate work.
2011 New Voices, Sadie White Gallery, Community College of Vermont, Winooski, VT. Screening in collaboration with New Women of Vermont video class.
2010 Imagine Him Happy, Vermont International Film Festival, Official Selection.
Imagine Him Happy, group screening, Goddard College.
My Human Being, solo installation, Goddard College.
2009 RPI Graduate Show, Contemporary Arts at Woodside, Troy, NY, co-curated.
In The Field Next To The Orchard..., East Dorset, VT, site-specific sound and sculptural installation.
2008 RPI Graduate Show, West Hall Gallery, Troy, NY.
2007 There’s No House Like Home, East Dorset, VT, site-specific multimedia installation.
2006 Dissemination, Philly Fringe Festival, Philadelphia PA. Interactive performance in collaboration with Brooklyn and Philadelphia-based collectives Saviour Scraps and HAAK.
Dissemination, Gilded Pony Performance Festival, Troy and Valley Falls NY.
2005 New Work from O,D, Pacific Switchboard Gallery, Portland OR.
2004 New Work from O,D, Memorial Coliseum Arts Celebration, Portland, OR.
Reed College Thesis Exhibition, The Belmont Factory, Portland, OR.
Reed College Creative Review, published photographs from series "Near Elizabethtown, NC".
2003 Dim Sum with Red76, 16 Beaver, New York, NY.
New Work from O, D, the hall_ gallery, Portland, OR.
Kaspar T. Locher Scholars Exhibition, Feldenheimer Gallery, Portland, OR.
2002-03 Off-Alberta Street Gallery, Portland, OR. Monthly group exhibition.
Brian Healey, “Bhutanese Refugees’ New Voices,” The Defender (publication of Saint Michael’s College), February 15, 2011
Margot Harrison, “Short Takes on Film,” Seven Days, October 20, 2010, 18
Anita Sandler, “There’s No House Like Home on Mad Tom Rd,” Manchester Journal, February, 2007
Exhibition Review, “Guy Ben-Ner: Thursday the 12th,” C Magazine 108, (Winter 2010): 46-7
Book Review, “Yoga Sutras of Patanjali” new translation by Edwin Bryant, Namarupa (web), November 2009
“Reflections on the Ganga,” Namarupa, Issue 10 Vol. 3, September 2009, 2-8